18 Hair Hacks For Lazy Girls
Unless you’re a morning person, you most likely hate getting ready in the morning. We don’t always have time to channel our inner diva and curl our hair or put on false eyelashes. For those lazy girls out there, we’ve got 18 hair hacks that will save you some serious time and effort.
1. Use coconut oil as a deep conditioner
Warm the coconut oil until it is a liquid consistency. Apply to dry hair and let sit for at least 20 minutes. For best results, use overnight.
2. Tame flyaways with a toothbrush and hairspray
Spray an old toothbrush with hairspray to tame any pesky flyaways.
3. Skip washing your hair and use dry shampoo
Dry shampoo is the perfect tool when you are too lazy to wash your hair. Don’t go too long, though, because dry shampoo will not thoroughly cleanse your hair like your regular shampoo.
4. Ran out of dry shampoo? Try cornstarch!
Cornstarch is a simple DIY alternative to dry shampoo. You can even add some essential oils to add some scent. Lightly dust the cornstarch onto the roots of your hair then brush your hair to evenly distribute the product.
5. Sleep with braids in your hair for a quick beachy waves
After you shower, either blow dry or air dry your hair until it is about 60% dry. Add some texturizing spray or lotion throughout your hair. For loose, beachy waves, braid your hair into two pigtails. For tighter waves, use multiple braids. Secure your hair with a scrunchie or non-damaging elastic.
6. Make your ponytail more voluminous with two elastics
This trick is great for those with thicker hair. Secure your high ponytail with two elastics, rather than one, for a more full ponytail.
7. Don’t have time to shower? Wash your bangs in the sink!
Greasy hair starts at the root and most of the time we can go more days without washing the ends of our hair. Tie back the bottom half of your hair and stick your head into a sink. Use a tiny bit of shampoo and quickly wash your hair. Style as normal and your hair will be revitalized in half the time.
8. Throw your hair up into a messy bun for a quick hairstyle
The messy bun is the #1 lazy girl hairstyle and can be done with any hair texture.
9. Cut down on blow drying time after you shower by absorbing extra moisture with paper towels.
Take a small section of a paper towel and scrunch small sections of your hair to absorb any excess moisture. This trick will also help prevent any frizziness that your standard towel can cause.
10. Use a boar bristle brush to tame frizz and add incredible shine
Brushing your hair with a boar bristle brush rather than with a brush that has synthetic bristles will seriously change your life. Boar bristles mimic the structure of your hair which means it will evenly distribute your hair’s natural oils throughout your hair.
11. Don’t have time to curl your hair? Put your hair in rollers while you do your makeup for effortless voluminous, curly hair.
Depending on the thickness of your hair and the desired curl, choose a roller that is small to large. For extra oomph, apply a root lifting mousse or spray, and blow dry upwards before adding the roller.
12. Spray your bobby pins with hairspray or dry shampoo for a better hold
Lay out bobby pins onto a paper towel and spray with hairspray or dry shampoo. This added texture will give bobby pins more of a grip, which is a perfect trick, especially if you have thicker hair.
13. Insert bobby pins with the wavy side down.
You may have been putting bobby pins wrong in your hair your whole life. Try inserting the bobby pin with the wavy side down and you’ll instantly see the difference it makes.
14. Dry your hair with an old t-shirt rather than a towel to prevent frizz
The texture of your bath towel can be too aggressive and remove all of the moisture from your hair rather than just the excess. We need moisture in our hair to prevent frizziness.
15. Wrap a scarf around your head to hide greasy hair.
A scarf is a chic way to look like you actually tried doing your hair.
16. Keep your hair ties together
Don’t waste your time in the morning searching for your last hair tie. Keep them together with this helpful hair hack!
17. Use a dryer sheet for frizz
Place a dryer sheet over your hairbrush to instantly tame frizz.
18. Wear a hat or a beanie
When all else fails, throw on a hat or beanie.
What are some of your favorite hair hacks? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!