Luxy’s June Monthly Favorites
The inside scoop on what the Luxy Hair team is loving and admiring this summer month! From music and hairstyles to drinks and outfits, here are our current favorites.
Fave Music: Summer Vibes Playlist
Summer is in full session and we are here with the ultimate tunes for your next summer party! We’re sure you’ll be dancing or belting your heart out to these trendy and throwback songs.
Fave Book at the Moment
Capture You Style: Transform Your Instagram Photos, Showcase Your Life, and Build the Ultimate Platform by Aimee Song
“Engaging, informative, practical, and fun, this book is a must for any millennial hoping to take the digital world by storm.” -Diane von Furstenberg, designer
If you are as obsessed with Aimee Song as we are, then you are in for a treat! Aimee’s Capture Your Style book provides the inside look into Aimee’s incredible ability to capture every part of her life into beautiful pictures. If you’re looking for some inspiration or to learn how to bring your Instagram game to the next level, this is the perfect summer book for you.
Celeb Crush of the Month: Rihanna
Shining bright like a diamond, Rihanna was honoured at Harvard University for the Humanitarian of the Year award this past March. We all know how much of a #girlboss Rihanna can be in the pop culture and fashion world, but what many of us don’t know about her extensive philanthropic work. This includes her involvement in a number of charitable causes and founding the Clara and Lionel Foundation Scholarship Program. A program named after her grandparents, it helps fund university for students who are from the Caribbean and studying in the United States. Rihanna also founded an oncology and breast cancer treatment center in her home country, Barbados. She’s definitely a powerful women we look up to! Also how much are you guys loving her new song, Wild Thoughts with DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller? If you haven’t heard it yet, be sure to check it on our Summer vibes playlist!
Ultimate Beach Outfit
We have the ultimate beach outfit that screams summer just for you! Make sure to bring some sunscreen and water on your way to the beach. If you’d like to get this look, check out where each item is from below:
Swimsuit, Sunglasses, Sandals, Hat, Blanket, and Beach Bag
Fave Refreshing Summer Drink
Looking for the perfect summer refresher? We’ve discovered the recipe you need from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Here’s what you need:
- 2/3 cup white sugar superfine is best
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice ~4-5 whole large lemons
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups sparkling water or club soda
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Let this blueberry syrup completely cool.
- Meanwhile, juice the lemons to get 1 cup lemon juice.
- In a large blender, add the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the sparkling water or club soda.
- Enjoy immediately.
Notes: If you don’t plan on drinking this all in 1 day, keep the juice (blueberry syrup + lemon juice) separate from the sparking water. Add the two together as you want a cup of lemonade.
Fave Summer Hair Hack: DIY Beach Waves
Create the tousled surf look with this super easy DIY sea salt spray for perfect summer waves.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water-based hair gel
- 1/2 teaspoon leave-in conditioner
- 1/2 teaspoon argan oil (optional, for those with drier hair textures)
- 1 to 2 drops of essential oil of choice for fragrance (optional, but lavender, peppermint, and wild orange are my favorites if you want to give it a try!)
- Pot and stove top (or microwavable bowl or cup)
- Spray bottle that can hold more than a cup of water
- Utensil for stirring
- Measuring spoons
- Heat the cup of water in a pot or bowl until just before boiling, and remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt first until completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture (hair gel, leave-in conditioner, argan oil, essential oil), and stir until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, and then pour into a spray bottle.
- Give your sea salt spray a good shake.
Notes: Use on wet or dry hair, but avoid spraying at the roots and instead spray 2 inches from your roots all the way down to your ends.
You can also check out our DIY Sea Salt video on Luxy Hair!
Fave Summer Quote
This one speaks for itself ? You can also save this as your background for your phone!
Fave Summer Hairstyle
For the gorgeous summer days we have this three strand braid with a touch of floral for the perfect summer look!
Watch the tutorial below to find out how to achieve this look:
That’s all for our June favorites! We hope you like this edition and stay tuned for our next month’s faves. If you tried or were inspired with any of our favorites, let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear your opinions 🙂
What are some of your favorites this month?